- 2019 Revenue: US$ 26.4 Billion
- Number of Employees: 54,000
- Founded: 2007
China Resources Pharmaceutical Group is the flagship subsidiary of China Resources Group (Ranks 79 on the 2020 Fortune Global 500 List), engaging in the R&D, manufacturing, distribution, and retail of a broad range of pharmaceutical and healthcare products.
CR Pharma’s subsidiaries include China Resources Pharmaceutical Commercial Group Co., Ltd, China Resources Sanjiu Medical & Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., China Resources Double-Crane Pharmaceutical co., Ltd., Shandong Dong-E-E-Jiao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., and China Resources Zizhu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Its A-share subsidiaries CR Sanjiu (stock code: 000999), CR Double-Crane (stock code: 600062) and Dong-E-E-Jiao (stock code: 000423) are listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange or the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
Overseas investment and collaboration
In 2019 …
– China Resources Biopharmaceutical (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (“CR Biopharm”) signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Perseus Proteomics Inc. (PPMX), headquartered in Japan. Both parties will cooperate on the innovative research and development (R&D) of antibody oncology drugs, accelerate the R&D process of PPMX’s antibody drug in development, introduce it into the China market, and further explore the establishment of the collaboration platform on innovative antibody drugs.
– CR Pharmaceutical Commercial Group entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Mylan China about introducing more premium products into the China market.
– CR Sanjiu reached a strategic cooperation agreement with Ryukakusan Co., Ltd. in Japan, which is famous for oropharynx drugs. CR Sanjiu will leverage its advantages in the sales channel of traditional pharmacies to further explore new channels and marketing modes, including China Resources’s supermarket channels, online, offline, and other innovative channels.
– CR Pharmaceutical and Novartis (Sandoz) signed a strategic cooperation agreement. Both parties will leverage on their relevant strengths, under the guidance of the agreement, to carry out business cooperation at various levels in markets in China.
– Dong-E-E-Jiao and Ginseng Corporation (CKJ) in Korea reached a strategic collaboration agreement. Both parties agreed to share their raw materials for production and commercial channels and cooperating in the R&D of new products, and continuously promote traditional Chinese medicine to the world.
CR Pharma has enriched and high-quality resources in research and development. The company conducts independent research and development activities through the Pharmaceutical R&D Center and its subsidiaries, which include the National Research Center for Gelatin Traditional Chinese Medicine Engineering and Technology and the National Research Center for Proprietary Chinese Medicine Engineering and Technology. CR Pharma also collaborates with external research partners, including leading research institutions such as the Institute of Biophysics of the Chinese Academy of Science, the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology; leading universities and hospitals like the Institute of Material Medical, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking University and Shenyang Pharmaceutical University; as well as medical research institutes in the United States and Korea. The company has 20 R&D projects listed in the National Major Scientific and Technological Special Project for “Significant New Drugs Development” and has nearly 1,000 patents.
Products and Market
CR Pharma has one of the most comprehensive pharmaceutical product portfolios among all pharmaceutical manufactures, covering a range of therapeutic areas such as Chinese traditional medicines and biopharmaceutical drugs, as well as nutritional and health products. The company remains market-leading positions in Chinese nutritional drugs, cardiovascular system drugs, alimentary tract and metabolism drugs, large-volume IV infusions, anti-infection drugs, reproductive health, cold and cough, dermatology, and Chinese medicine formula granules.
The company is also the second-largest distributor in the Chinese pharmaceutical market for sales and distribution. Leveraging comprehensive product offerings, broad distribution networks, and strong high-end pharmaceutical products, CR Pharma distributes products to hospitals and other medical institutions in 31 provinces in China. It also has established long-term stable cooperative relationships with nearly 10,000 upstream suppliers. CR Pharma supplies over 46,000 different drugs, medical equipment, and health products to hospitals, community clinics, and more than 700 company-owned pharmacy stores.