- 2019 Revenue: US$ 850.2 million
- Number of Employees: 8,000+
- Founded: 1995
China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings Limited (512.HK) is a global pharmaceutical enterprise, principally engaged in research, development, and manufacturing, as well as sales of pharmaceutical products, advanced medical devices, specialized pharmaceutical ingredients, biotechnology products, and nutritional products.
Grand Pharmaceutical (China) Co., Ltd., as the Group’s core company, has been consecutively rated in the top 40 of “the top 100 pharmaceutical enterprises in China” for many years. Grandpharma is a modern and comprehensive pharmaceutical enterprise that has more than 20 member enterprises. Its strategic business areas include various kinds of preparations, medical devices, and chemical raw materials. As the company’s annual report shows, the compound growth rate of sales revenue and net profit of Grandpharma has reached 27% and 40% in the past three years.
Global investment and collaboration
In recent years, Grandpharma has acquired a series of innovative pharmaceutical products with broad market prospects from the United States, Australia, Germany, Canada, and other pharmaceutical powers.
– As attendees of China Focus，GP(HK) and Belgium-based eTheRNA entered into exclusive strategic cooperation and licensing agreement on world-class innovative products in the Greater China region to promote the technology transfer of the mRNA vaccine platform.
– GP (HK) has entered several agreements with Telix Group in Australia, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative cancer diagnostic and therapeutic RDC, including share subscriptions, licensing, and partnership agreements.
– GP (HK) ‘s associate Sirtex has recently entered into several transactions and strategic cooperation with two U.S.-based innovative companies: Nanospectra Biosciences, Inc. and BlackSwan Vascular, Inc. The Group acquired certain shares of the two investees and will carry out cooperation on related products. This helps expand Sirtex’s and the Group’s strategic planning in precision interventional diagnostics and treatment.
Grandpharma has established R & D relations with world-leading pharmaceutical enterprises, universities, and scientific research institutions. Their professional R&D team has more than 400 high-end development and technical personnel with a master’s degree or above. Drug development experts and experienced experts with international and domestic backgrounds from the United States, Belgium, Canada, Australia and India, and other countries have joined as long-term advisers to ensure innovative breakthroughs and development.
The company set up a R&D management platform to promote innovative products, clinical research, and registration. They have developed dozens of state-level new drugs, achieving a leading position in the ophthalmic and cardiovascular fields and actively expanding into the fields of amino acids and specialty API. The focus areas include cardiovascular and cerebrovascular emergency treatment, interventional therapy, respiration, otolaryngology and ophthalmology, rare diseases, and biological health.
Products and Market
The company’s core product portfolio covers several major therapeutic areas, including respiratory and ENT, cardiovascular emergency products and advanced medical devices, biotechnology products, and nutritional products.